How Choices Works
Youth and families are referred to Choices in different ways, but most referrals are made through our partners. We partner directly with state Medicaid programs, foster care programs, social services department, counties, schools, and managed care entities.
Choices provides a care coordinator for each child and family we serve. The care coordinator helps build a custom plan for each youth and family. Care coordinators:
- help families identify strengths and needs to develop plans;
- partner with families to build a team of community supports and services;
- help families track their progress;
- stay in regular contact with youth and families with face-to-face meetings and phone calls;
- provide crisis support; and
- educate, empower, and encourage youth and caregivers.